United States of America
Competitive Salary (DOE)
over 1 year ago
Developer Relations Manager – Seattle, WA or Austin, TX
We are delighted to be retained by the leading provider of power purchase services, in their search for a new Developer Relations Manager.
This business are the industry experts for power purchase agreements across North America and Europe. They help both buyers and sellers of energy to find, and procure power, individual projects or even entire asset portfolios. Typical clients range from renewable energy developers, infrastructure funds, utilities and IPPs.
They are looking to bring on a Developer Relations Manager (circa 5 years exp) who can oversee the entire Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of the growing book of clients. Candidates who have worked for a renewable energy developer in a similar capacity would be preferred. Renewable Energy M&A transaction experience would also compliment this role.
Role to be based in Seattle, WA or Austin, TX.
The Developer Relations Manager will take a lead role on the Developer Relations team. In this role, you will initiate and maintain relationships with renewable energy project developers, asset owners, and other energy sellers, both domestic and international, support transaction execution of both PPAs and assets, and implement new tools and processes to support the development of the PPA Marketplace.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support “supply side” by identifying and sourcing projects and tracking updates;
- Onboard new developers onto the platform, including giving demos and issuing log-in credentials;
- Strengthen and maintain relationships with existing developers;
- Coordinate project data quality and validation with developers;
- Sell-side Energy Procurement Transaction Support:
- Participate in PPA deal execution team with developer coordination
- Serve as lead project manager responsible for administering developer facing PPA RFPs;
Sell- and Buy-side Asset M&A Transaction Support:
- Originate new opportunities to support market participants in project acquisitions and divestitures;
- Participate in M&A deal execution team supporting VP, Asset Marketplace, coordinating issuers and respondents through transaction life-cycle;
- Participate in Asset RFP response team, issuing RFPs and ensuring maximum response;
- Business Development and Marketing:
- Manage and support corporate development and product improvement projects;
- Represent developer perspective in software and product design;
- Support project-focused communications strategy, including PR, social media, events, newsletters, thought leadership pieces, white papers, conferences, etc.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor's degree from accredited college/university and relevant work experience in the renewable energy industry (5+ years of experience); preference given to candidates with experience supporting renewable energy M&A transactions;
- A deep understanding of renewable energy industry trends, challenges, opportunities;
- Experience working in specific wholesale energy markets, e.g. PJM, ERCOT etc.;
- Ability to travel;
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with a variety of internal groups;
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- An interest and aptitude in building and fostering positive relationships with key stakeholders;
- Comfort with cold calling;
- Initiative and self-motivation;
- A high level of integrity;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Asana, SalesForce and other professional software.
- Please note that all employees are fully remote until the COVID-19 crisis abates.