Technical Translator - Japanese
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary Competitive Hourly Rate (DOE)
- Job type Contract
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameHannah Waters
Primarily perform translation duties with some administrative functions such as coordinating project information, communicating requests to other departments, resolving priorities with constant changes, and interface with all levels of management. Ability to work under pressure with short deadlines is needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform document translations of design drawings, Engineering specifications, purchase specifications, technical manuals, data sheets, design memo’s, etc.
• Follow requirements for handling controlled documents.
• Compose and track correspondence and other communications.
• Organize and maintains file system, and files correspondence and other records.
• Conducts research, and compiles and types statistical reports.
• Makes copies of correspondence or other printed materials.
• Prepares outgoing mail and correspondence, including e-mail and faxes.
• Provide administrative support for other departments as needed and as time permits.
• Communicate effectively, written and spoken, with other cultures.
• Provide coordination of internal and external sources to complete assigned projects.
• And, perform such other duties as may be required from time to time by the company.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Comply with all safety policies, practices and procedures reporting all unsafe activities to Management and/or Human Resources.
• Participate in proactive team efforts to achieve departmental and company goals.
• Contribute to building a positive team spirit.
• Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
• Protect confidential information by not communicating, disclosing to, or using for benefit of 3rd parties.
• Maintain the highest degree of honesty and integrity at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EDUCATION
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Education and/or Experience: A minimum of an Associate's degree (AA) or equivalent combination of education and experience. A practical or working knowledge of Power Plant Engineering concepts and vocabulary is highly desirable.
• Language Skills: The skills listed are required in both English and Japanese. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to Customers, clients and other employees of the organization. A high degree of competency is required for reading and writing Japanese in order to precisely translate Japanese Engineering documents into the English equivalents. Must have thorough knowledge of technical Japanese and English vocabulary specific to the related technical specialty.
• Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
• Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully and individual should have knowledge of internet software, spreadsheet software, word processing software and e-mail software. Software knowledge should include both English and Japanese formats.