6 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a well-funded start-up to recruit a Sustainability Analyst to assist with supporting clients with developing unique and cutting edge agricultural, vertical farming and hydroponics-based solutions to utilise captured carbon. You will work across academia, start-ups, and established players to build real world pilots and industrial applications of scaled agriculturally based solutions.
Reporting to the Director of Industry Solutions, this Sustainability and Agricultural Analyst role will focus on carbon analysis, capture and utilisation within an agricultural setting. The ideal candidate will be self-starting and adaptable in finding unique, and often innovative, answers to whole system-based type problems. The role requires a good understanding of how chemical plant academic studies can be translated into real world application. This is a remote role with the potential opportunity to travel across Europe for work purposes.
- Advising on compliance with UK and EU climate policy, including GHG reporting legislation, ESG, energy efficiency legislation, and industrial relief programmes.
- Giving technical support on emissions accounting and modelling.
- Implementing software-based solutions for sustainability data management and creating effective frameworks for representing organisations’ climate impacts.
- Producing greenhouse gas inventories to assist companies with their regulatory compliance or to inform their emissions reduction strategies.
- Supporting sales with proposal writing for company sustainability services.
- Supporting marketing with educational content on developments in energy technology or climate policy of interest to clients.
- Exceptional organisational skills.
- A demonstrable interest in the environment and in helping companies reduce their GHG emissions.
- Understanding of green agriculture.
- Experience or good understanding of carbon offset calculations and analysis.
- Exceptional data management, analysis, and presentation skills.
- Passion for engaging with clients and selling the company values.
- Ability to work independently and be self-starting.