Competitive Salary (DOE)
12 months ago
Role: Senior Transaction Manager (Solar Development)
Salary: Dependent on experience
Our client, a leading international solar development company is looking for a Senior Transaction Manager to join its growing team in London. The Senior Transaction Manager role is based within the UK and Ireland project development team who focus on the development and delivery of ground mounted solar and battery energy storage systems.
- Proactively originate, manage and support the development of large-scale ground-mounted solar PV and BESS projects in the UK and Ireland.
- Support joint venture partners in the process of securing land lease agreements or purchases, grid connection and other permitting and licenses for construction and operation of the projects.
- Assume Project Director role and support joint venture partners in commercialising and optimising large-scale ground mounted solar PV and BESS projects, including leading on the raising senior debt facilities and procuring power purchase agreements with the support of internal teams.
- Lead the sales process of solar PV assets
- Review, negotiate and agree relevant project documentation and external contracts as necessary.
- Oversee and support the project due diligence process.
- Develop and evaluate investment proposals.
- Liaise with in-country partners, consultants and advisors as required.
- Monitor development budgets, timelines and programs as required.
- Report to management regarding project status, profit targets, feasibility, project risks and budgets
- Mentor, develop and line manage junior team members.
- Support fundraising and reporting to investors as required.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven track record in realising large-scale ground-mounted solar PV projects from green field to ready-to-build stage, preferably in UK and Ireland.
- Experience, network and knowledge of the land, planning and grid network framework in the UK and Ireland.
- Five+ years’ experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Track record in raising long term project finance in the infrastructure sector, demonstrates a strong understanding of project finance process and documentation from an equity perspective.
- Understanding of different power offtaker routes to market.
- Track record in M&A, including structuring joint ventures, asset acquisitions and asset disposals.
- Broad understanding of key project contracts.
- Experience of other energy technologies like wind, storage or gas of advantage.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Master or bachelor degree in a relevant area of expertise.
- Fluent in English in word and writing, additional languages are advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Personable, flexible, creative and entrepreneurial, go-getter, positive attitude, performs under pressure.
- Solid planning and organising skills to include effective prioritisation and resource management.
- Self-driven and independent work talent, performs well in a small team.
- Attention to detail while overseeing the bigger picture.
- Based in UK and willing to travel around and outside of UK.