Senior Smartplant Data Reference Engineer
- Posted 23 May 2023
- Salary $DOE
- LocationWashington D.C.
- Job type Permanent
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure, Digital & Technology
- Contact NameChristina Rodriguez-Cintron
Our global EPC client is seeking a seasoned Smart Plant Data Engineer to apply their expertise in the review of specifications for compliance with applicable European Industry Codes as well as compatibility with Hexagon tools.
The Senior Smartplant Reference Data Engineer will support, configure, and deploy reference data catalogs for European piping, instrument, mechanical, and electrical specifications to Hexagon engineering tools
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
•B.Sc. or M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering.
•Registered as a Professional Engineer in Texas or other states.
• Minimum 15+ years experience in pipe material engineering
• Experience with Hexagon Smart Reference Data, material catalog, integration with S3D, SPID, SPEL, and SPI, user support and troubleshooting, along with process industry engineering design knowledge
• Knowledge of material requirements for Acoustic Induced Vibration mitigation is a plus
• Thorough knowledge of discipline engineering techniques, the design of engineered systems, and engineering and design calculations.
• Detailed knowledge of Piping Material Specification software (SmartPlant Reference Data SPRD etc..)
• Understanding of the roles played by other departments on projects including basic construction practices and the economics involved.
• Understanding of industry or regulatory codes and standards and design criteria pertinent to the particular engineering discipline. Specific knowledge of B31.3 design and materials is essential.
• Extensive experience and knowledge of ASME, API, AWWA, ASTM, and MSS codes/product specifications are essential.