about 1 year ago
The Green Recruitment partners with an international renewable energy investment company who are seeking to grow its Portfolio Management team. The new hire will take leadership of its bioenergy assets in Germany.
This successful applicant will manage the financial and operational performance of the portfolio, with oversight and support from the Investment and Portfolio Management team in the UK.
The company office is in Berlin and therefore the candidate should be located in Berlin or be willing to travel regularly to Berlin (e.g. weekly). Regular visits to the asset locations in Eastern Germany will be required.
The successful candidate will have a number of years’ experience in a technical or commercial management role, preferably in the German renewable energy (and biogas) industry. The person will have excellent communication skills in German and English.
Responsibilities & Duties
Lead the management of the biogas asset portfolio. Provide oversight of the financial and operational performance of the companies, including health, safety and environmental compliance.
In consultation with the shareholder, negotiate with counterparties and take business decisions, when required.
Perform all Director duties as required by German law.
Attend company Board meetings (monthly in Berlin) and commercial/technical meetings when appropriate.
Assist with company administration (e.g. preparation of Board documents, financial accounts)
- Oversee the operations and operational performance of the assets.
- Ensure performance of major contracts with contractors, suppliers and customers. Assist in making claims to enforce contracts.
- Conduct regular site visits to maintain local relationships (suppliers, customers, advisers, government officials)
- Review proposals for major maintenance and projects
- Analyse financial reports and improve financial reporting for the benefit of shareholders.
- In consultation with the shareholder, check invoices and approve payments.
- Work alongside operators to develop and implement the annual budget.
- Prepare weekly reporting for internal stakeholders; contribute to quarterly reports for investors.
- Identify, evaluate and propose opportunities for performance improvements, both economically and operationally.
- Support the investment team in executing new acquisition opportunities in Germany.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent communication in German and English.
- 6 to 15 years professional experience
- Good academic history (degree-level)
- Strong written and Microsoft Excel skills
- Motivated individual with an ability to learn quickly and take responsibility over time.
- Good communication skills – able to deal effectively with challenging counterparties and building good working relationships
- Flexible worker – able to react to different and changing situations and a wide range of activities
- Highly organised - capable of managing multiple short-term and long-term priorities in parallel.
- Numerate - familiar with impact of operational issues on financial performance.