65,000 - 95,000 EUR + bonus
3 months ago
TGRC are working alongside a global energy firm that generates, trades and markets power on a large scale.
- Market risk management of Power portfolios and assets; Physical Coal, Biomass & Freight desk.
- Understand in depth portfolio risk drivers, instigate appropriate risk governance and monitor portfolio risks.
- Contribute towards holistic risk awareness and the promotion of risk management on the trading floors.
- Commercially support and challenge the business's commercial areas with analysis on hedging/trading strategies and investment decisions.
- Provide comprehensive quantitative and qualitative descriptions of risk/return potentials.
- Conduct scenario analysis and simulation.
- Present the managed portfolio to senior stakeholders
- Understand front to end processes and work effectively across all levels of the organisation.
- Experience in risk-managing or optimizing a portfolio composed by physical commodity trading & freight, non-linear optimization and origination activities.
- Broad knowledge of Electricity, Global Coal, Dry-Bulk Freight markets (European desirable)
- Commercially oriented individual with high strategic thinking capability.
- Ability to engage in balanced, independent and strong relationship with commercial teams.
- Strong focus on data management.
- Familiar with option theory, stochastic processes, and risk metrics.
- Fluent in written and spoken English.