£35,000 - £45,000
6 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working on an exciting opportunity to join an ambitious consultancy based in the North-West of England to help deliver and manage energy and carbon efficiency projects to their clients. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic and pragmatic individual with industrial experience who wants to help influence our development and be part of the driving force behind it.
They are currently looking to recruit a Senior Energy Consultant to work with a wide range of clients on a variety of projects for clients to improve their energy, carbon, and resource performance. The ideal candidate will be either an ESOS Lead Assessor or with a view of becoming ESOS Lead Assessor within the next year. Experience with developing Net-Zero, energy transition and decarbonisation would be an advantage. The role will involve work and liaison with the private and public sector, government departments and their agencies. In particular the role could include interaction across many industrial sectors including food and drink, chemicals, agrobusiness, mining and minerals, and consumer care. It will also involve on site assessment across many industrial, commercial, and retail sectors and potential international projects.
- Work with colleagues in the Carbon and Energy Team to supply technical services to industrial sites across the UK and potentially internationally to support energy and carbon efficiency.
- Delivery of ESOS and SEAI Energy Audit Scheme, Net Zero and energy transition. This work would include on site assessments, technical analysis, reporting and engaging with everyone from operators to senior managers.
- Manage a number of clients and developing pipeline and projects for the Carbon and Energy Team.
- Work with colleagues in the Carbon and Energy Team to support the delivery of carbon compliance projects; to include progress reporting, database management, data analysis, policy implementation and developing relationships with clients and industry sectors.
- Maintain and develop carbon databases and models.
- Manage the collection and input of data, together with its analysis to gain an understanding of performance. Produce relevant and engaging outputs and communicate this to clients.
- Develop and maintain relationships with a range of stakeholders and communicate effectively with all levels within organisations, including senior management.
- Enthusiastic about continued professional development and developing new offerings to clients. Ensure knowledge of industrial energy efficiency, carbon policy, carbon reporting methodologies and broader energy and sustainability developments is up to date.
- Take a leading role in compliance with regards to ESOS and SEAI Energy Audit Scheme. Contribute to SECR and UK ETS compliance and have an awareness of broader UK Climate Change policy.
- Provide active input into workflow development and the provision of new services and offerings
- Educated to Degree level (or higher) within a relevant subject
- Knowledge and understanding of UK Carbon and Energy Policy
- Experience in industrial energy efficiency and carbon management including site assessment and analysis
- Knowledge of preparing greenhouse gas emissions/carbon footprinting
- An ability to work well with colleagues, clients and contractors
- Ability to work both in a team and under own initiative
- Reliable, conscientious and committed
- Full driving licence valid in the UK (some travel will be required)