9 months ago
An Independent MEP Design Consultancy who are closing in on their 70th birthday is looking for a Head of Energy and Sustainability to join their respected teams.
The firm has won a host of awards including accolades like ‘Best Places to Work’ and boast some of the best employee retention rates in the industry.
- Build, encourage and execute the Energy & Sustainability strategy for the Company.
- Cover all major Energy & Sustainability issues with Project Managers.
- Advise the Company on achieving and maintaining carbon neutrality.
- Take the lead on the development of Net Zero Carbon Roadmaps and carbon reduction initiatives.
- Have a full understanding of Building Regulations Part L.
- Understand the requirements of The London Plan and other local authority requirements regarding energy.
- Have knowledge of the passive design techniques – orientation/glazing ratios/U-values.
- Have knowledge of energy modelling and work with sub-consultants with regards to getting the modelling completed.
- Understand thermal modelling and work with sub-consultants with regards to getting the modelling completed.
- Understand BREEAM and able to undertake pre-assessments.
- Experience in writing Sustainability Statements based on BREEAM preassessments.
- The ability to guide clients on the implementation of district heating schemes.
- Provide CPDs on Energy & Sustainability topics to ‘educate’ on suitable subjects (internal and external)
- Successful management of numerous concurrent projects, to meet both Company and Client objectives. Management to address the three principle issues of time, quality and cost.
- Capability to manage the expectation of others, displaying integrity in so doing, both within and external to the Company.
- Ownership of tasks and issues and taking responsibility for discharging these.
- Build relationships with new Clients to bring in new business to the Company.
- Build relationships with existing Clients and other professionals which will engender new enquiries and secure future business for the Company.
- Help new business development by assisting with tender bid support and advise how the Company can differentiate our offer to win new projects.
- Generate presentation material and make presentations to external parties and potential Clients.
- Creation of thought leadership pieces on relevant energy and sustainability subjects, and presentation of such in online videos as appropriate.
- Take part in networking business and industry activities on behalf of the Company.
- Attend corporate functions and promote the Company with the objective of raising company and brand profile and securing new business.
- Lead on the “Footprints” publication.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.