£35,000 - £45,000
7 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with one of the most reputable independent firms of designers, planners, engineers, consultants and technical specialists on the planet to recruit for a Senior Sustainability Consultant to join their Bristol team. The consultancy is looking for an experienced Sustainability Consultant to join their sustainability team to assist in the delivery of sustainable outcomes within their Building Engineering projects.
The role will include offering strategic advice to a range of clients on sustainability in the built environment, including developing sustainability strategies for masterplans and individual buildings. This includes the development of bespoke sustainability targets and implementation plans for individual projects, analysis of energy use and embodied carbon impacts and process improvement to support better sustainability outcomes. It will also include carrying out a range of environmental assessments using third-party assessment methodologies such as BREEAM, LEED, WELL and the Home Quality Mark.
- Take a leadership role in delivering sustainability on projects across the West Region
- Manage day-to-day responsibility for the delivery of sustainability consulting projects, including bespoke strategies as well as assessment methodologies including BREEAM, LEED, WELL and NABERS UK.
- Develop client’s aspirations towards Zero Carbon, with support from the team leadership.
- Review project details and develop targets for sustainability.
- Use of online tracker systems such as Tracker+ and LEED Online.
- Undertaking WLCA analysis on projects and produce reports for clients.
- Work with and develop junior team members.
- Lead running project team workshops exploring opportunities to optimise WLCA outputs
- Communicate sustainability requirements to internal and external team members.
- Produce reports providing advice and guidance to clients and project teams.
- Attend site visits to review progress against sustainability/wellness targets
- Review the performance of designated projects on a monthly basis and update the team’s project tracker with progress and financial information.
- Assist in preparing bids and proposals for new work.
- Lead internal team sustainability initiatives.
- Complete relevant training to become certified as an assessor/AP against one of the team’s core assessment methodologies.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Degree qualified in Sustainability or other relevant discipline, ideally to Masters level.
- Understanding of the principles of sustainable development within built environment.
- Experience of carrying out whole carbon LCA analysis using OneClick or similar software.
- Possess BREEAM Assessor, BREEAM, LEED or WELL Accredited Professional status
- PassivHaus: qualified PH Designer or Consultant, or a good working knowledge of the methodology (highly desirable but not essential).
- Chartered member of an appropriate professional institution e.g. CEnv or CEng status
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams.
- Commercial awareness.