Competitive Salary (DOE)
6 months ago
A leading renewable energy developer is looking for a PPA Consultant dedicated to finding, negotiating, and executing long-term Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) across APAC.
- Supporting the development of new renewable capacity in Malaysia by securing project revenues through long term energy sales agreements (PPA) with commercial, industrial and non-traditional offtakers
- Scouting and identification of opportunities and potential counterparties for long term sales of energy and renewable energy certificates/credits
- Managing responses to local Requests for Proposals and tenders for renewable energy from Corporate off takers, preparing and structuring offers, in close collaboration with Business Development teams, local commercial teams and other involved business lines
- Definition of terms of agreements and negotiation of Power Purchase Agreements supported by legal department and local units.
- Understanding and follow up on developments in regional energy markets and policy and the impact these will have on power marketing.
- Education: Degree in engineering or economics and/or master in energy related business
- Experience: Ideally, professional experience in the energy sector of at least 3-5 years; experience in commercial work and international experience is considered a plus
- Technical-professional knowledge: good knowledge of energy and renewable power markets, technical knowledge of renewable power plants is an advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of complex offers and successful negotiation of profitable contracts.
- Ability to work as a team to tight deadlines, with a result oriented and proactive approach Attention to detail and willingness to learn and operate independently.