Competitive Salary (DOE)
20 days ago
We are looking for a Legal Lead Senior Associate to join one of our clients in their In-house legal team in their Edinburgh office. They have been in the UK as a business for 2 years now and are looking to grow from an office of 12 currently to one of around 20 next year with the aim of having about 40-50 in 3 years’ time.
The team primarily focuses on onshore wind, solar and storage as well as helping with land contracts, M&A transactions, and reviewing SPA and development agreements. They have been named a Top Employer 2022 in Europe and South America. As Legal Lead Senior Associate, you will be reporting to the Legal Director, who is based in Europe.
Purpose of the Role:
You will be the sole legal person responsible for all legal matters within the UK business.
1. Perform the entire local legal work.
2. Provide legal support to the Company and in business development and management.
3. Preparation of all the legal documentation, drafting and negotiation of landowners agreements, check legal title of property, dispute resolution and supervision of appeals.
4. Coordinating with internal and external clients, law firms, legal experts, Notary, etc.
5. Management of claims and litigious matters.
6. Draft, review and negotiate all types of legal contracts and documents.
7. Draft, review and negotiate corporate documents, Due Diligence, MOU’s, SPA’s, SHA’s. Participate in complex M&A operations.
9. Knowledge and follow-up of the regulatory framework at national, regional and local level in matters affecting the Company.
10. Trainees’ and junior lawyers mentoring and supervision if needed.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Academic Level: Degree in Law
2. Languages: Fluent in English