$120,000 to $200,000
over 1 year ago
This role is designed to support the General Counsel in connection with Senior Management, board reporting, and enterprise risk management including disputes with host governments; International arbitrations; Environmental claims and/or general commercial disputes.
- Manages coverage cases with outside counsel as a collaborative, active partner in all aspects of litigation, arbitrations or other alternative dispute resolution proceedings. This includes review, revision, and approval of all pleadings, motions, appeals, litigation plans and budgets;
- Manage external legal affairs to make sure the support consistent with the company's strategy and value;
- Develop and implement arbitration/litigation management guidelines to reduce litigation risks;
- Liaison between external counsel and client groups; collaborate with different internal BU effectively;
- Constantly assess and communicate with senior management and the board and recommends affirmative lawsuits or arbitrations;
- Identify industrial litigation trends and avoid claims proactively;
- J.D. or L.L.M Degree from an accredited law school with a minimum of 7 years of legal experience relevant to the company's business operations. (Practicing certificate);
- Admitted to practice in a well-recognized common law jurisdiction:
- Experience with litigation/international arbitration with an emphasis on the energy sector;
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to work as part of an interdisciplinary team with limited supervision.