£35,000 per annum, pro-rated.
almost 2 years ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multi-national energy supplier in their search for an Interim (with potential to turn perm.) Forecasting Analyst. Provisionally this is a 3 month contract and will initially be remotely based with the view to transition (where possible) to the office (London).
- Analysing and forecasting natural gas & power demand for a portfolio of approximately 80+ TWh gas and 16+ TWh power.
- Produces daily reports and analyse data relating to customer and procurement activity.
- Development of short term demand forecasting methodologies for PGE European electricity and gas portfolio.
- Ensure such models are used accurately and and facilitate timely delivery of data to the procurement team
- Proactively manage standards and pre-empt events and portfolio changes.
- Monitor forecast error, report on forecast performance and perform analysis which will further develop demand forecasting methodologies in order to improve the accuracy of demand forecasts.
- Analyse system prices which may lead to high imbalance costs
- Analyse prompt balancing and out-turn Profit & Loss performance
- Degree in a numerate/analytical discipline (essential)
- Strong communication skills; ability to communicate technical arguments to non-technical audiences (essential)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Access (essential)
- Knowledge of SQL & VBA