about 1 year ago
Join one of the top global developers of renewable energy, backed by a leading name in renewable asset ownership. You will play a vital role in an expanding department of solar and battery storage experts, supporting a multi-disciplinary diverse team. Your experience will assist in guiding design and offer technical support to several colleagues ensuring proper construction and performance of large scale solar and battery storage projects. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an industry leader in Solar & Storage with an unlimited supply of capital.
- Design and review optimized interconnections and High/Medium transmission lines from basic schematic to detailed engineering from project feasibility to construction stage, including: Calculations, specifications and drawings: High/Medium transmission lines & substations with the associated civil designs with internal/external consultants. Quantity survey and budgeting of designs to assist in the cost estimation and procurement of the key equipment & contractors. Prepare technical & economic analysis. Ensure that 3rd Party designs comply with internal, Utility, ISO, and jurisdictional standards and code requirements.
- Manage the Interconnection and Connection application processes for all projects
- Be the primary interface with Utility and Distribution/Transmission Network Operators for network capacity and grid studies as required to secure interconnection, lead the submission of key technical information and be the key technical representative for the Company with the stakeholders.
- Liaise and coordinate interconnection design and activities internally within X-Elio´s project development, construction, PV plant engineering team and others providing support on: Provide technical support to avoid any impact on the planning. Preparing technical specifications, scoping documents and clarifications.
- Ensure compliance with company, industry, trade, and jurisdictional safety standards, practices, codes
- Foster effective and positive business relationships with all parties throughout project phases; and Performs other duties as required.
- Provide regular reporting and updates on progress, issues, and challenges to management.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering (Electrical Engineering Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years relevant engineering experience
- Minimum 2 years of Medium/High Voltage design experience
- Minimum 1 year of relevant engineering experience with interconnection of power plants (utility scale photovoltaic projects preferred)
- High proficiency with Auto-CAD, PLS-CAD, DigiSilent, PSSE, ETAP, and similar Electrical Engineering software, project management software and Microsoft programs
- Experience with modeling software MATLAB, VBA, Python
- Experience with communications and controls technology, SCADA and metering specifically
- Valid driving license and passport