11 months ago
One of the Largest Energy Suppliers in the World are looking for a Development Engineering Designer to join their highly successful I&C Solutions team.
- Carry out customer site visits, develop likely realistic/commercially viable concept ideas and present these to the customer to stimulate purchase appetite.
- Drive the proposal development to the customer together with Sales, from initial concept through to final contracted orders
- Act as design lead for projects from concept through to detailed design, managing third party consultants as required.
- To provide packaged initiative developments to support repeat market and sector sales
- To provide cross team training and support on new and developing technologies
- Identify feasibility criteria for projects and work with sales team to ensure that they are met by opportunities presented to the customer.
- Identify realistic and creative concept ideas when presented with initial customer information and present them in a way that is enticing for people with or without technical background.
- Ensure customer’s technical requirements, challenges and profiles are met with the proposals with acceptable levels of client change and risk.
- Draft programme from sales handover to final proposal / contract signature (in agreement with Design and Project Management).
- Continuously keep knowledge on technological developments up to date and liaise with new/innovative stakeholders in the industry.
- Ensure only potential projects that are technically and commercially promising are pursued further.
- Develop sensible (commercially, technically and from a sales-perspective) LOI proposals to the customer together with Sales as required.
- Lead the design phase to further develop/evaluate concept ideas.
- Manage external design consultants to develop detailed designs.
- Initiate/ prepare tender process (if required).
- Suggest appropriate suppliers and liaise with Project Management about their selection, involve procurement/HSSE for their onboarding as required.
- Write specifications (in conjunction with external engineering support as required) using the technical documents provided by Designers.
- Evaluate Tenders.
- Technical support in client and supplier contract negotiations.
Key Skill Requirements:
- Good overview of the project portfolio and sufficient knowledge about the applied technologies to conceive good solutions using them and explaining these to the customer.
- Ability to think fast and quickly come up with viable ideas capable of high conversion ratios.
- Responsible for developing business cases up to £20m.
- Responsible for management for all project development risk up to £10m professional indemnity levels.
- Commercial mentality with a strong feel for moving the business forward.
- Numerical and analytical skills with the ability to interpret data and information and produce it in a clear and logical format.
- Proven track record in the energy industry.
- Good oral and written communication skills, interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to take a confident and diplomatic approach with colleagues, contractors, customers and senior managers.
- Strong networking abilities.
- Willingness to continuously improve and to learn from mistakes.
- Strong understanding of the commercial impact of activities.
- Understanding of C(DM) responsibilities.
- Good skills in specification writing/assessment and tender assessment.
- Working knowledge of standard and more advanced PC software tools (such as MS Office, MS Project, AutoCAD, modelling software, etc) and the ability and willingness to learn working with new software tools.
- Knowledge of various forms of contract that could be applicable to the variety of offered projects preferable.
- In-depth knowledge of commercial on-site generation technologies such as gas engines, steam boilers, absorption chillers, heat pumps, PV etc. preferable.
- In-depth knowledge about any other lot relevant for offered projects (construction, civil engineering, services installation, IT, etc.) preferable.
- Engineering qualification e.g. Degree/HNC or equivalent preferable but not mandatory.
- Full UK driving license.
For more information or to apply for the role please send your CV to;
Please get in touch with any queries on:
+44 (0) 203 640 2130
The Green Recruitment Company is a specialist recruitment agency that recruits across the environmental and waste management sectors. If this role is not of interest but you are looking for a new opportunity, please contact the named consultant who would be happy to discuss current vacancies in your target area.
The Green Recruitment Company is an Employment Business for interim, contract and temporary recruitment and acts as an Employment Agency in relation to permanent vacancies.