The Green Recruitment Company are delighted to have been retained, by a key innovator within the energy software & analytics space, seeking a new European Head of Commercial Sales to join their growing business.
Seeking a driven, well-versed sales professional, with a wealth energy market knowledge to lead on their latest expansion phase into mainland Europe.
Our Client’s suite of products is committed to global grid modernization & offers not only the ability to meet carbon reduction targets but also integrate more renewably generated energy to the grid itself.
This role’s focus is new customer acquisition, so you need to be a sales strategist with a sophisticated understanding of customer needs, TSO (Transmission System Operator) revenue models, and competitor offerings. Strong entrepreneurial skills and an in-depth knowledge of the market is paramount alongside a natural ability to identify opportunities for revenue growth. Above all, you need to be a driven, assertive professional who is laser-focused on achieving revenue targets.
- Execute the European sales strategy to drive growth and market penetration
- Build a robust pipeline of new opportunities and methodically move customers through the buying process
- Manage existing customer relationships at key accounts and expand business with these accounts
- Carry voice of the customer & market to influence product roadmap, marketing initiatives, and corporate priorities
- Deliver presentations at customer and industry events
- Track sales operations metrics and financial performance against targets using CRM system
- Deep industry knowledge and leadership contacts within the electric power transmission business
- Successful track record of achieving sales targets
- Experience with cloud-based CRM software platforms
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of commercial risk triggers including terms and conditions
- Comfortable with multi-tasking, resolving competing priorities and meeting project deadlines
- Desire to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
- B.S. in engineering or a related technical field; M.S. or MBA preferred
- 5+ years of direct selling experience to TSO/Network Operators
- Energy product or services, sales experience
- Ability and willingness to travel across Europe and other international locations as needed
- Proficiency utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and G-Suite Productivity Tools
- Fluent in English