Business Development Manager
Location: South Africa
Salary: R1.2M to R1.5M ZAR
The Business Development Manager (BDM) main task is to facilitate the growth and success of the business for which he works.
Strategic planning for future development is the key task of the BDM.The BDM supports the CEO in defining the future addressable markets and business pipeline for the business.
Also, the BDM acts as an internal consultant to the CEO and Directors on specific projects; these may cover strategy or implementation, core or support function excellence, and the end-to-end sales-to-operation chain in the business and divisions & controlled entities.
· Analyze markets and provide strategic directions on how to develop new business
· Analyze market sectors and prospect clients to identify best business opportunities for the business
· Define and implement (in collaboration with the business Marketing division) plan to approach & capture clients
· Propose consulting projects inside the business
· Lead consulting projects, by managing (dotted line) internal & external project team
· Report periodically to the CEO and Director’s on project roll out
· Transfer consulting knowledge and skills to internal staff
· Support the CEO and Director’s in defining strategic market positioning for the LE and its divisions
· Lead internal consulting projects to improve the businesses of the LE
· Work with management team to strategically identify & evaluate new markets and new clients
· Identify and evaluate specific new profitable business opportunities
· Receive priorities from the companies central Business Development & Strategy & propose to CEO
· Monitor and support the Director’s in steering the commercial funnel of the correct divisions
· Initiate and complete proposals and presentation for new business opportunities
· Work with internal teams to deliver outstanding presentation to capture profitable business opportunity
· Provide market intelligence and analyses to CEO and Director’s to support decisions
· Grow consulting skills in the company staff by training (on-the-job and specific session)
· Qualifications such as a university degree and possibly an MBA from a top-tier Business School
· Ideally 2 years (or plus) of experience in strategy consulting
· Proven track record of developing new businesses
· Proven experience in project managing change projects
· A passion for developing business and a drive to succeed a team of BD/ internal consultants
· Several benefits.
If this looks like the role for you, feel free to contact Charles below.
+44 (0) 2045667162