Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 year ago
BMS Commissioning Engineer
- Chepstow, covering Wales & West England
- Competitive + company car/cash allowance, performance-related bonus + a range of other benefits
Our client is a major player in the UK energy management sector, they design, install, monitor, maintain and optimise Building Energy Management Systems on projects that embrace smart cities and commercial/industrial projects.
They provide building and energy generation services required in a Zero Carbon world – renewable energy generation – including solar PV and battery storage solutions, heat networks, and electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
In this role you’ll be tasked with commissioning the installation of BEMS and Control systems in line with Customer design requirements and those outlined by the Project Manager within agreed timescales.
You’ll be supporting and maintaining a collaborative working environment with internal & external customers and stakeholders. Whilst creating a high-performance culture in Project Delivery Teams, this will enable the business to meet and exceed both customer needs and business objectives.
During the commissioning process, you will compose your own software strategies and graphics engineering, you’ll perform physical wiring checks and plant start-ups, provide technical support to other trades and sub-contractors and carry out trouble shooting to diagnose system defects.
You’ll also be involved with customers validation processes and execution as part of Commissioning works and Project handover procedures.
- You will ideally possess an HNC/HND in Building Services, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering. You will also have extensive experience in commissioning BEMS and Control systems of Siemens PX range and Trend IQ4 range of controls, with the following desirable but not essential - Tridium and Cylon. You will be a high level engineer with experience of Siemens Desigo CC and Trend IQ Vision including full integration of M-Bus, Modbus, Bacnet protocols.
- Excellent communication skills and report writing are essential to maintain strong relationships with all team members and customers, with a strong history of Microsoft Office suite.
- Experience composing your own software strategies and graphics engineering is key and you will have a professional manner and be dedicated to meeting customer expectations, including demonstrating a strong set of values to match those of the Energy Solutions Operations Team – Safety, Honesty, Integrity and Customer.
- You will have great interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to deliver to deadlines.
- Due to the nature of this role, it is essential you possess a full driving licence.