18 days ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working with a specialist, award winning energy saving company, who work with the leisure sector’s leading operators to identify, reduce and manage their utility consumption. We help to deliver winning bids and secure contract extensions by identifying and delivering savings that provide that significant ‘competitive edge’.
This is a Assistant Energy Manager role that will suit an ambitious individual with an active interest in sustainability, cutting edge technology and who wishes to help grow this exciting business. You will be expected to travel, as their business is expanding across the UK.
Reporting to the Energy Manager and working closely with the Senior Project Manager, as well as their specialist supply chain, your role will involve:
• Undertake energy audits of existing leisure centres, reviewing current running costs against agreed benchmarks.
• Identify and diagnose poorly performing plant, HVAC systems, electrical services, water controls, low Carbon and renewable technologies etc.
• For areas where excess energy use is identified, budget cost upgrade equipment, calculate the resultant energy saving, CO₂ saving, paybacks per energy measure and overall project paybacks.
• Prepare recommendations and write energy reports for retrofit projects to support clients in new bids and / or contract negotiations.
• Identify and outline to clients and / or investors what can be achieved in terms of savings both from a short term, medium and long term.
• Support the supply chain and coordinate design solutions to reduce energy / carbon and to improve the overall health and wellbeing for buildings occupants.
• Assist, where required, the Project Management team with the commissioning and management of solutions.
• Assist with the performance testing of new buildings before they are handed over to the clients - simulate conditions to test the integrity of the building services.
• Carry out post install energy audits / post occupancy evaluations (POE).
• Analyse how buildings operate and connect and feed this information back into the early stages of design.
• Maintain a good network of contacts with relevant industry bodies.
• Actively promoting best practice low carbon building design to internal and external design teams and clients.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in energy management, energy engineering or similar role
• An understanding and experience of energy related plant and equipment including Heat Pumps and other low carbon and renewable technologies and sub-metering systems.
• Experience of analysis of energy use to allow identification of opportunities.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Experience / knowledge of remote monitoring to allow the regular monitoring of client sites to ensure the initially delivered energy savings are maintained sustainably against the contracts for such monitoring.
• IPMVP qualification
• Working towards Chartered status – completion within 12 months or already completed.
• Health and Safety knowledge and/or qualifications e.g. IOSH such as “Managing Safely”
• Experience / knowledge of utility markets and negotiation.
• Experience of managing and developing supplier relationships to maintain competitiveness whilst also developing the key supplier relationships required.
• Understanding of the process of locating and obtaining grants available, sources of funding to be offered clients, etc.