2 months ago
This position is responsible for planning and coordinating of all technical business development activities for electrolyzer system proposals, and to coordinate the integration of the electrolyzer system into the Clients product.
Employment: Permanent/Direct Hire
Location: Orlando, FL
Pay rate: $115-145k (DOE)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify the customer requirements in coordination with the strategic sales teams and power train proposal teams.
- Contribute to the development of a proposal strategy, in coordination with the commercial operations department, the sales department and the Applications Engineering teams.
- Establish, distribute, and manage a proposal milestone schedule within Applications Engineering.
- Develop technical material required to kick-off the proposal activities of the technical support teams, and present the materials in a kick-off meeting.
- Prepare a consolidated technical Hydaptive™ proposal with the support of technical proposal support teams for management review prior to on time customer submission.
- Lead the preparation of the technical electrolyzer proposals and ensure its timely and complete submittal and integration into a Hydaptive™ proposal, if required.
- Act as a single point of contact related to the electrolyzer system proposal, for all technical proposal support teams, and work in close coordination with all teams, including the commercial operations and sales teams.
- Develop, or coordinate the development of the following:
- Process design packages, basic engineering packages, and FEED packages
- Proposal process simulation
- Proposal heat and material balances
- Proposal process flow diagrams (PFDs)
- Equipment design and datasheets (pumps, drums, heat exchangers, etc.)
- Piping & instrumentation diagrams (P&IDs)
- Hydraulic calculations
- Line sizing, valve sizing, preliminary process equipment sizing
- Process databases and data sheets for both instrumentation and equipment
- Develop technical risk review material for management review before proposal submittal.
- Ensure that all management reviews are properly performed and keep manager and director abreast of the activities.
- Ensure that guarantees have been carefully checked, approved, and signed off, and technical risks have been accurately presented to management.
- Lead technical negotiations with customers related to the electrolyzer package proposal and request support from technical proposal support teams, if expert support is needed.
- Upon contract signing, support the transition to project execution teams, including preparation of technical hand-over documentation and explanation of the contract package. This includes an update of the technical risk review that reflects the changes made between proposal submittal and award.
- Support continuous improvement of standard proposal documents to minimize customizing project specific documents for individual proposals and improve quality.
- Take full ownership and accountability of accuracy and timeliness of all AE proposal work.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor of Science degree (BS) in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from a four-year college or university, and (5) five to (10) ten years of applicable experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Language Skills: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English language. Ability to write, in English language, reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese language skills are not mandatory, but beneficial.
- Scientific Skills: Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry, thermodynamics, fluids dynamics and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: Proficient in MS Office applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, Acrobat Writer, Excel, etc.). Knowledge of database, project management, graphics, technical diagrams, flow charts, etc.
If this is something you'd be interested in, please do not wait to apply!
Phone: +1 (689) 208 9590