about 1 year ago
Supply Chain Support Engineers are responsible for analyzing customer requests to determine the required part(s) configuration, creating domestically procurable part definition, and providing responses to various vendor-related Requests for Information (RFIs).
This is an entry-level position requiring knowledge of basic technical drawing interpretation and the capability of understanding technical documents to develop product-specific knowledge in parts identification for steam turbines, gas turbines, generators, and balance of plant equipment through training and work assignments.
- Perform technical clarification of customer part(s) requests. Clarification includes but not limited to the accurate determination of the final part number.
- Create domestically procurable part definition, which may consist of electronic bills of materials based on assembly drawings, subassembly drawings, manufacturing drawings, vendor drawings, part numbers, material specifications, heat treatment specifications, general specifications, and standards in preparation for manufacturing.
- Develop drawing-based Technical Data Packages, as required, to support domestic procurement where the part-based definition is not ideal.
- Quickly review technical drawings to identify when critical data is missing that would require requests to be sole-sourced with applicable Mitsubishi Power factory or OEM.
- Perform technical clarification of Outage Parts Requests.
- Obtain technical and commercial information from the factories (Document Request Forms, Technical Support Request’s, Manufacturing Authorization Form’s, etc.).
- Document Technical Clarification in TED (Technical Clarification Web-based front end for SQL database), ERP (SAP business system), Windchill, or another system as required.
- Provide responses for supplier Requests for Information (RFI) related to but not limited to drawing clarification/interpretation, material substitution, tolerance relief, etc.
- Support engineering certification and training by creating work instructions and work process breakdowns to improve efficiency, quality, and reduce onboarding training time.
- Provide support, as required, for Material Master and Material Determination entry and/or maintenance.
- Provide after-hours support for emergencies/outage support.
- Support ISO 9001 audits and compliance efforts, and where possible, enhance the documentation and configuration control methods in use by Engineering
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Some overnight travel (less than 5%) by land and/or air.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-year degree in an Engineering Discipline (Mechanical or Aerospace)
- Previous work experience with consumable hardware such as bolts, nuts, washers, etc. and the industrial standards that govern them.
- Previous drafting/modeling experience for an industrial company [not only for academic purposes]
- Prior experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and specifications
- Previous Engineering internship preferred