11 months ago
Excellent opportunity to play a key role in design optimisation and plant performance analytics across an international portfolio of projects, with a focus on design, yield analysis, technical innovation and LCoE reduction.
- Site visits and desktop site reviews associated with greenfield sites;
- Module/inverter/structure equipment selection, producing optimised layout designs and energy yield assessments - using a combination of AutoCad, specialist PV design software and PVSyst;
- Evaluating uncertainty levels of solar irradiation datasets and selecting site-specific data;
- Yield uncertainty analysis
- Producing concept level electrical single line diagrams;
- Producing a preliminary Bill of Quantities for primary equipment;
In a supporting capacity your responsibilities will also include:
- Keeping up to date with PV plant technology and market developments
- Providing technical support during procurement, construction, operation, sales and acquisition project stages.
- Managing sub-consultants;
- Contributing to continuous improvement and R&D.
- Degree level qualification in electrical, electro-mechanical, mechanical, industrial, energy engineering, physics or other relevant technical discipline;
- At least 2 years’ work experience in the capacity of a solar design engineer or technician with design and technology responsibilities as per this role. Procurement, construction and operation stage experience of solar PV plants will be an advantage.
- Achieved or working towards achieving professional chartership or accreditation with a relevant professional, technical institution.
- Expert user of Microsoft Excel, AutoCAD, PVSyst and at least one utility-scale, specialist PV design software package. Proficiency in GIS software will be an advantage.
- Fluency in English – written and verbal – other languages will be an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal