4 months ago
TGRC have partnered with a Global Turn Key Renewable Energy business speicialising in Solar PV deployment. The company have interests in various locations including, South America, North America, Asia, Australia, Europe and Africa. They are growing their business offering across Rhode Island State and are looking for a Solar Project Developer to lead on all Development for Origination and Aquisition of Commercial Scale Solar Assets. This position will also offer the successful candidate the opportunity to support with project delivery, financing and asset sale for projects throughout the USA.
- Acquire or develop commercial scale solar projects, and build up a project pipeline
- Originate new facility sites within an assigned development environment (state, region, etc.)
- Qualify new originations with disciplined due diligence to eliminate early stage fatal flaws;
- Overcome problem areas/features of selected sites;
- Manage or support the project permitting process, including establishing contact and relationships.
- Determine appropriate points of interconnection with electric utility grid resources and determine interconnection feasibility, including easements for interconnecting lines;
- Identify energy offtake opportunities and negotiate PPAs (power purchase agreements) with parties appropriate to applicable solar programs;
- Establish a high level of expertise in all local solar development rules, (specific to assigned development territories), including solar legislation, tax issues and solar program guidelines;
- Establish deep knowledge of interconnection protocols with local utilities;
- Support financial modeling of projects with the goal of achieving a comprehensive and realistic financial expectations;
- Keep senior management apprised on any changes in solar programs, or new opportunities, in assigned territory;
- Develop competitive market intelligence on competing solar developers in assigned development territory;
- Develop knowledge of and relationships with, third party supporting service providers for solar facilities activities (e.g: consulting engineers, legislative consultants, site evaluation services, etc.;
- Represent the company as a premier solar developer within assigned territory, including making presentations at local trade events.
- Bachelor degree in Economics, Technical, Law, or relatable area
- Experience in the energy sector in the area of Renewable Energy or project related business
- Familiarity with the authorization process for zoning, environmental/ building codes, and land/ grid connection conditions
- Ability to assess energy projects from an economical and legal perspective
- Ability to work independently and proactively approach stakeholders
- Excellent computer skills including MS Outlook, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ERP systems
- At least 5 years of work experience in a similar role.