9 months ago
Interested in work with a renewable energy developer? Our client is focused on developing both off-site utility-scale and on-site distributed generation solar PV and energy storage projects. They are seeking a seasoned individual with over five years of engineering & PV experience. This position will provide design and engineering services such as performance modeling, site inspections, equipment procurement support, construction drawing reviews, and installation support.
- Design utility scale solar PV systems including civil, structural, and electrical aspects
- Oversee engineering responsibilities through the execution and construction of projects
- Create energy production models for solar PV projects and conduct resource meteorological data assessments for project sites.
- Work closely with interconnection engineers to create electrical line diagrams, conduct electrical design studies, and formulate other electrical calculations
- Coordinate multidisciplinary team of third-party engineers and equipment manufacturers to provide construction-ready plans/details for installations
- Design solar module mounting structures for fixed tilt and tracker racking systems.
- Develop and manage relationships with a network of vendors and engineering consultants for the entire life cycle of a project including development, permitting, construction, and asset management phases
- Provide engineering and technical support of solar PV projects to commercial origination, development, construction, and finance functions
- Perform site visits for project assessment and feasibility.
- Build and maintain tools for energy modeling, system design, cost estimating, product evaluation, and more.
- Support utility interconnection and permitting application processes, training of engineering department personnel, and the development of design drawing libraries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Civil, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years in an engineering role within PV industry; design, project execution, and construction of utility scale solar PV projects
- Strong knowledge of relevant industry standard design code and PVSyst energy modeling software
- Adept at selecting and sizing equipment for different circumstances.
- Able to determine which is best in the given situation; modules, combiner boxes, disconnects, wiring, or inverter technologies & sizing.
- Familiarity with interconnection, structural engineering, racking, and balance of systems
- Preferred qualifications include proficiency in AutoCAD, knowledge of medium voltage distribution and protection systems, and NABCEP PV Installation Professional Certification