Up to £80,000 (Flexible Working)
over 1 year ago
Our client, a leading international energy company is currently working on a number of UK wide District Heating and Community Energy projects. This particular division of our client are looking to become the UK leaders in District Energy and in their quest, are currently attracting some of the best minds in the industry to join their growing team.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer role is a key role within the design team. The role involves the production and delivery of the mechanical design elements of our clients Heat Network systems across a broad range of sectors with an ever increasing emphasis in District Heating and Community Energy.
- The successful candidate will be required to carry out the following responsibilities:
- Produce heat load profiles by analysing raw fuel usage data, applying degree day or thermal modelling analysis based on building heat loss calculations.
- Complete all mechanical calculations related to heat network design, including but not limited to:
- Room and building heat losses
- Pipe and pump sizing o Plant and equipment sizing and selection
- System operational losses and efficiencies
- Liaise, develop and review design solutions produced by specialist sub-contractors, consultants and colleagues including: Flues, Automatic Controls, Energy Monitoring Systems, Civil and Structural, Biomass Fuel Feed Systems.
- Produce layout drawings, schematics and specifications associated with heat network installations leading to the detailed definition of the engineered solution enabling the project teams to tender, procure and construct.
- Support the lead designers with the review and checking of calculations, drawings and designs produced by others within the team.
- Assist in the development of company design standards and product offerings through the production of technical drawings and documentation.
Our client is seeking a highly motivated individual with knowledge and experience in the design of heating systems. The individual will be a team player with experience of leading their own design elements with minimal supervision from more senior team members. A positive attitude and a desire for continued development and progression is essential.
- BTEC / HNC / HND or higher qualification in Mechanical or Energy engineering or suitable engineering discipline.
- Experience in the design of heating systems and their associated energy centres / plant rooms. Experience in the district heating / community energy sector would be advantageous.
- Good knowledge of renewable and low carbon heating technologies such as Biomass, CHP and Heat Pumps.
- Experience of managing own projects with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge and understanding of Biomass Boilers and CHP fundamentals would be beneficial.
- Good understanding and awareness of UK engineering and construction regulations and standards, including CDM.
- Knowledge and experience in designing medium and high temperature heating systems would be beneficial, but not essential.
- Familiar with AutoCad, Word, Powerpoint, Excel, NES Specification, Energy Pro and / or other industry related software and tools.
- Current UK driving license
- CSCS Health and Safety Qualification.