9 months ago
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Business Development/Country Manger to have full responsibility for all business and administrative activities within a leading component manufacturing organisation. The primary responsibility is to develop and lead the short and long sales and business development strategy, as well as supporting sales, technical, and marketing activities as applicable.
- Create a vision and strategy for the future country business in particular sales, service and channels as is consistent with the overall goals of the global strategy of the business.
- Accurately forecast business volumes, product mix and timing.
- Consistently meet sales quotas and market share targets.
- Track and manage financial performance in the country including sales price, margin and spending.
- Manage local team, support their daily needs and work together to create a business plan of how to meet country target.
- Nurture the relationship with leading PV project developers in the country both those that are active locally and globally.
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the market by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and by closely monitoring industry trends
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies
- Act as company representative with partners, government agencies, or other parties to establish viability of working relationships
- Develop a marketing and branding plan for business in the country, maintain a strong industry presence, and take an active role in relevant professional activities and functions.
- Recruit and manage a strong team of sales, marketing, application and service engineers for the region.
- Work closely with company headquarters and global team to leverage cross-regions capabilities and knowledge to maximize global success.
- Support all activities in the country in particular Business Development by originating contacts with other companies and assess their potential as partners, clients, or acquisitions in alignment with the management
- Minimum 10+ years' experience in business and sales in Solar Industry
- Experience in managing regional/country sales teams in Solar Industry
- Education- A BA/BS in a related technical discipline such as Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering etc. is an advantage
- Solid and verifiable track record of overachievement- candidates should have a verifiable record of successfully growing market share
- Strong technical aptitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the company product line and convey the advanced technical product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms
- Proven track record of identifying, negotiating/converting and closing large deals/ accounts
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment
- A distinct customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English and Dutch (writing, speaking, listening)