Newcastle upon Tyne
Flexible on Experience
6 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a multinational Energy Supplier in their search for a Sales Team Manager – SME Direct Sales.
Reporting to National Sales Manager and operating within a highly competitive SME sector, the main focus of the role is to ensure that the Renewals and New Business team effectively drive sales, ensuring that each member of the team adopt best practices in their role and that all elements of the sales process is fully understood. To ensure motivation is continuously maintained and that KPI’s are focused on to drive quality and improvements in all aspects of the sales process.
- Effectively manage and motivate a team of Team Leaders and sales executives to ensure financial targets are achieved and required site targets are achieved within credit risks / payment term rules.
- Ensure team members operate within business processes and controls at all times,
- To Inspire, motivate, lead, coach and drive energy and quality sales activity within the SME Direct Renewals and New Business Team on a day to day basis in order to meet agreed targets
- Promote and develop a positive sales culture and working environment to increase staff morale and productivity.
- To perform call monitoring and call analysis to ensure a first class sales culture throughout.
- To forecast and plan resource, manage call flows, optimise efficiencies to deliver agreed targets.
- To ensure that the team and individuals within that team are striving towards and delivering against defined Key Performance measures, thereby fulfilling targets.
- To ensure an effective coaching and training structure within the Renewals Team is adopted with a view to supporting each member of the team in achieving the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- To continuously analyse the KPI’s to ensure a high level of performance throughout the team, to hi-light areas of development and to provide the necessary coaching and training where required,
- To manage any sustained periods of underperformance against set KPI’s. To work in collaboration with the concerned individual to ensure performance is improved to an agreed acceptable level.
- To ensure any sustained periods of underperformance is communicated to the Sector Manager – SME Direct Sales
- Responsible for 1-2-1’s, Personal Development Plans and Performance reviews within the agreed timescales.
- At least 5 years direct energy sales experience within the SME and/ or I&C space.
- People Management skills with Proven account management / sales experience
- Understanding of the Sales process
- Excellent communicator and motivator