Competitive (based on experience)
12 months ago
This position provides the successful candidate the opportunity to join the European Sales Team and be a major part of leading the company’s sales efforts in all segments of the solar industry. The position is managing the region from her/his home office.
- Identify and close sales opportunities in Belgium in accordance with the company’s overall strategic plans and financial objectives in the region
- Develop and maintain relationships with solar distribution channels and strategic accounts and the technical and commercial decision makers in these companies
- Actively pursue direct sales leads with installers, distributors, investors and utility companies
- Assist with forecast of revenue on a regular basis and review sales results to ensure that established targets are being met; take corrective action where required.
- Assist the product management teams to define and improve the product portfolio for use in the Belgian market by regularly gathering feedback from customers, business partners and by closely monitoring industry trends.
- Provide input regarding marketing and product positioning strategies specific to the Belgian market.
- Successfully execute a brand and messaging strategy and act as an external evangelist for the brand.
- Liaise with the European management team and peers to ensure that sales targets are being defined and met.
- Studies or apprenticeship of a technical discipline
- Minimum 3 year experience in technical sales and must have previous experience in the PV industry
- Network in the Belgian PV industry is a significant advantage
- Solid and verifiable track record of successfully growing market share, negotiating and closing large deals
- Strong technical attitude with the ability to understand the technical workings of the product line and convey the advanced technical product benefits to potential customers in easy-to-grasp terms
- Ability to identify and convert new accounts while maintaining existing relationships
- Demonstrated success in operating effectively in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, complex, rapid growth environment
- A distinct customer service focus
- Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working for an international organization is preferred
- Fluent French, Flemish and English, other languages (advantage)
- A hungry go-getter with a strong can-do and hands-on attitude.
- Technical savvy
- An energetic, highly motivated, hands on, driven manager person
- Willing to do whatever is personally necessary to guarantee the success of the company
- Team Player