£40,000 - £55,000 + package
over 1 year ago
This Risk Manager position is a superb opportunity to join one of the most successful and rapidly expanding TPIs in the UK.
The Green Recruitment Company are working alongside a leading energy consultancy in their search for a Risk Manager. The consultancy supports blue chip clients in both the public and private sector, working to reduce their energy costs through effective procurement practices. The company works on a UK/European scale and prides itself in its holistic approach, thus allowing clients to focus on their core business whilst their energy costs are kept low.
The Risk Manager will be responsible for tendering and negotiating ‘fixed’ and ‘flexible’ electricity and gas contracts, whilst maintaining responsibility for client relationships within a portfolio of large I&C clients. This will involve providing advise on their energy use and on energy price risk-management strategy.
This is a rewarding career opportunity for someone who is target driven and revels in communicating with people at all levels.
- Managing I&C clients with large energy spends and multi-site portfolios.
- Developing and maintaining a network of clients.
- Understanding wholesale market risks.
- Understanding energy and carbon reduction.
- Maintaining that commercial controls are observed.
- Identifying risks at a manageable stage.
- Continuous liaison with team members on the team plans and developments.
- Managing precise client records.
- Mentoring and managing a team of energy consultants.
The company will provide one of the leading packages in return for a candidate that:
- Experience in the B2B energy sector.
- Prior experience in electricity and gas procurement.
- Account and Risk Management knowledge.
- ~3-5 years experience
- Fix/Flex experience.
- The ability to build relationships and networks.
- Strong communication and negotiating skillset.
- Good organisation skills.
- Strong management and team leadership skills.
- Confidence working independently and in a team.
- The ability to be flexible and show initiative when working under pressure.
- Comfortable managing long-term relationships at all levels, gaining respect and credibility quickly.