about 1 month ago
Real Estate Transactions Counsel:
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide transactions support, prepare and review
real estate documents associated with acquisitions, assist with negotiations with landowners and
other counterparties, and coordinate document preparation, due diligence, and closing of the
company’s acquisitions, and complete transactions.
Salary: $155,000 + (DOE)
· Provide legal expertise and support to staff in the development, preparation, execution, and administration of real estate documents associated with real property acquisitions associated with wind and solar projects.
· Prepare real estate documents including but not limited to deeds, purchase and sale agreements, letters of intent, leases, easements, assignments, affidavits, curative instruments and subordination agreements.
· Participate in the negotiation and completion of various real estate agreements and other contracts including communicating with landowners, attorneys, and other parties involved in the transaction.
· Prepare checklists and timelines to coordinate real estate due diligence of purchase and sale activities.
· Review title reports, land surveys, title policies, and coordinate the resolution of title issues, and other deliverables with the land team to ensure that the company secures clear title ahead of closing.
· Approve real estate documents for execution.
· Manage external legal resources as assigned to ensure efficient and effective completion of tasks.
· A combination of education/experience will be considered.
· Juris Doctorate from an accredited U.S. law school and licensed to practice law in Texas, or another U.S. State
· Minimum of 3 – 5 years handling real property transactions.
· Experience with real property transactions in renewables preferred
· Experience with real property transactions in energy, commercial real estate, title, or title insurance may be considered.
· Solid background in reviewing title reports and land surveys, including resolving title defects.
· Ability to understand, draft, and navigate real property contracts.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills including solid drafting skills.
· High attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to produce and prepare high volume of documents.
· Takes initiative, is self-motivated, and able to work independently.
· Comfortable working in a high-pressure environment.
· Capable of multi-tasking and managing more than one project at a time.
· Ability to work within a team and to prioritize tasks and transaction deadlines