6 months ago
This is a great opportunity to work with a fast-growing and dynamic business with a strong pipeline of utility-scale battery storage projects. The client is looking for a Design Engineer with strong technical skills and commercial accumen to be based in London and to play a key role in such projects.
- Prepare information and respond to technical information request from Head of Planning and draftsman about the battery and electrical vehicles sites design such as:
- Battery and major equipment layout
- Cables routes, trenching and ducting
- Access road dimensions requirements
- Create and update customer electrical system configuration for battery sites
- Create and update electrical configuration and systems for EV charging stations
- Prepare electrical drawings and design packages including sizing of cable, switchgear and transformers along with detailed specifications for quotation enquiries
- Review electrical design proposal and costs prepare the third party (e.g. EPC contractors)
- First point of contact for electrical equipment supply (e.g. switchgear, transformers) to obtain their specifications and cost
- Develop costing model for cable routes and electrical systems
- Help the Business Development Team cost options and best configurations for power off-take agreements
- At least 2 years experience in engineering design
- Experience in overall site layouts and cable routes (on public and private land) would be added value
- Strong CAD skills
- Fluent in cable sizing
- Strong organisational skills and a structured approach will be key with the ability to jungle with different tasks in parallel and getting the job done on time.
- Good at communicating skills and presentation will be important to represent the company but also liaise with all members of the team, third parties, vendors and suppliers to obtain the information required.
- Permit to work in the UK.