6 months ago
- Managing EPC tender process using existing contract structure (including scope of work, project requirements, contractor qualifications and proper allocation of risks) and make recommendation on contractor selection.
- Identify and monitor project risks and issues during construction. Develop mitigating strategies, advise on the CAPEX, OPEX, project programme risks.
- Interface with and hold accountable the EPC/ICP, DNO, Planning authority, Lease holder and other external stakeholders to:
- ensure timely delivery of projects in line with agreed standards for quality;
- ensure effective project governance and controls (including HSE and planning compliance);
- holding weekly and monthly stakeholder meetings;
- monitor performance;
- prepare and/or monitor project risk management plans and budget deviations.
- Manage the construction phase of the portfolio projects including planning conditions discharge obligations, grid connection compliance process, project risk management.
- Manage the construction budget by working closely with commercial operations manager – advising on budget increase risks, proactively driving down the project construction costs, managing variation orders associated with project delivery.
- Manage the projects hand over between construction and operational phase including the EPC take over process, as built documentation, closure of EPC contractual obligations, and hand over to the O&M services phase
- Assist in evaluating change orders, claims and in dispute resolution
- Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in solar or energy storage sectors
- Professional-level capabilities with project management tools and documentation
- Understanding of engineering principles related to distributed energy resources and electrical design
- Understanding of project acceptance tests and commissioning procedures
- Experience with utility interconnection, distribution and transmission evaluation
- Experience managing EPC, O&M, ICP, DNO and related third party contractors
- Comfortable interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, project programmes and GANNT charts, procedures, permits and tender documents as well as contracts commercials, cash flows, invoicing, cost control and risk analysis and mitigations
- Attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain deadlines with a strong ownership mentality.
- Ability to travel periodically within the United Kingdom