Competitive Salary (DOE)
about 1 year ago
A rare opportunity to join an entrepreneurial energy storage company who are on their way to becoming market leaders in the UK. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of energy storage systems from contractual to commissioning. You will be a primary interface between our company and the members of the construction company, grid operator, planning authorities and landowners if required. You are expected to track project progress, report internally, and manage risks to ensure projects are delivered, on time, within budget, and at anticipated performance standards. You will be working closely and reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager. The office is based in London, but remote working can be arranged and sites within the UK is required from time to time.
- Managing EPC tender process using existing contract structure (including scope of work, project requirements, contractor qualifications and proper allocation of risks) and make recommendation on contractor selection.
- Identify and monitor project risks and issues during construction. Develop mitigating strategies, advise on the CAPEX, OPEX, project programme risks.
- Interface with and hold accountable the EPC/ICP, DNO, Planning authority, Lease holder and other external stakeholders to:
- ensure timely delivery of projects in line with agreed standards for quality;
- ensure effective project governance and controls (including HSE and planning compliance);
- holding weekly and monthly stakeholder meetings;
- monitor performance;
- prepare and/or monitor project risk management plans and budget deviations.
- Manage the construction phase of the portfolio projects including planning conditions discharge obligations, grid connection compliance process, project risk management.
- Manage the construction budget by working closely with commercial operations manager – advising on budget increase risks, proactively driving down the project construction costs, managing variation orders associated with project delivery.
- Manage the projects hand over between construction and operational phase including the EPC take over process, as built documentation, closure of EPC contractual obligations, and hand over to the O&M services phase
- Assist in evaluating change orders, claims and in dispute resolution
- Engineering degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of professional experience in solar or energy storage sectors
- Professional-level capabilities with project management tools and documentation
- Understanding of engineering principles related to distributed energy resources and electrical design
- Understanding of project acceptance tests and commissioning procedures
- Experience with utility interconnection, distribution and transmission evaluation
- Experience managing EPC, O&M, ICP, DNO and related third party contractors
- Comfortable interpreting engineering drawings, specifications, project programmes and GANNT charts, procedures, permits and tender documents as well as contracts commercials, cash flows, invoicing, cost control and risk analysis and mitigations
- Attention to detail and proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and maintain deadlines with a strong ownership mentality.
- Ability to travel periodically within the United Kingdom