8 months ago
Project Finance Analyst
Location: Washington D.C, United States
This role will be part of the team that is responsible for building and maintain the financial models necessary to forecast, evaluate and track the financial performance of our renewable energy projects. This role also participates in the due diligence of acquisitions and disposals of assets as well as in the project finance process. This person will be responsible for multiple other ad hoc projects as assigned, which will cover other aspects related to project finance and forecasting for US renewable energy projects.
- Build and Analyze Complex Excel Financial Models.
- Own the financial modeling process for project evaluations, project financings and assist in project-level due diligence both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders in development, EPC, engineering, and accounting as well as third-party consultants to develop extensive financial models.
- Evaluate current and potential projects through forecasting cash flows, evaluating tax impacts, quantifying investor returns, and determining project risks and mitigates.
- Work on the team that present project for approval by key internal stakeholders.
- Perform valuation and Return on Invested Capital across all operating entities and investments
- Provide Insights and tools to better understand and improve capital efficiency
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or relevant field from an accredited college or university.
- 1-2 years of related experience working in project finance, preferably in investment banking, debt capital markets, or with a project developer
- Proficiency with DCF analysis required
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills required
- Excellent analytical and communication skills required
- Ability to work independently, multi-task, make decisions, prioritize and meet assigned deadlines in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- Strong work ethic, a high degree of detail orientation, and an extreme sense of urgency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Hybrid Schedule- 3 Days in Office with 2 Days out of Office.