Project Developer - Solar - UK
- Posted 14 October 2020
- Salary £50,000 - £70,000
- DisciplineRenewable Energy & Infrastructure
- Contact NameNathan Quinn
A rare opportunity to join a leading international brand in solar project development, operations, construction and asset management. The company is active in over 10 countries worldwide including some of the largest solar power. By leveraging its global presence and significant distribution and sales network, the company is positioned well to develop high-quality renewable energy projects with attractive returns around the world.
- Grid-connection application, assessment and acceptance process management
- To assess potential restrictions for development and highlight areas suitable for development
- Ensure and establish preliminary contact and approach landowners outlining possible terms for lease, and secure required contracts
- Identify landowners with suitable land for solar development, land option and lease agreements initiation and completion
- Local relationship management to ensure local support
- Plan and direct all activities required for the successful delivery of project development
- Develop and manage projects related to the interaction between users and the grid, ensuring that projects are delivered efficiently (within scope, time and cost)
- Maintaining contact with authorities, and driving a successful planning and adherence to timelines;
- Experience to support development in other European countries (e.g. Italy).
- 2-5 years pf experience in solar project development in Europe, with focus on UK;
- Language: fluency in English. Ability to speak Italian would be an asset;
- Profound knowledge of the energy sector in the UK;
- Profound knowledge of regulatory framework in UK and Europe;
- Strong local network and ability to establish and maintain it;
- Ability to work independently and within a team setting;
- Negotiation capabilities.