12 months ago
The Green Recruitment Company is looking to hire a Process engineer who is responsible for performing the process engineering design functions. These include the design of combustion and steam turbine auxiliary systems, process equipment, process control/instrumentation design integration and start-up support. The designs must meet contract and schedule requirements for client power projects in the Americas.
Pay rate: $70,000 - $110,000 (DOE)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Prepare heat and material balances, PFDs
- Develop P&IDs
- Develop Process data sheets for equipment (Heat Exchangers, Pumps, Compressors, etc.)
- Understanding of Process instrumentation and control principles
- Able to perform and review hydraulic calculations
- Control Valve specification and selection
- Heat exchanger thermal calculations
- Pump sizing
- Basic understanding of design work processes and work flow
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (BS) in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering from a four-year ABET accredited College or University.
- Three to eight years’ experience with an EPC firm or combustion/steam turbine OEM.
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong computer skills
- A practical understanding of simple and combined cycle power plant design and construction methods.
- Experience with combustion or steam turbine auxiliaries system design
- Experience commissioning combustion or steam turbines
- Experience with HAZOP, SIL reviews, construction punch-out, and project startup activities
- Hands-on experience with Smart Plant P&ID
- Hands on experience with Aspen HYSYS software
- Dynamic, comfortable in speaking to groups, Leadership abilities
- Desire to learn (not be taught)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced MS Excel, VBA Programming
- MS Office
- Heat Transfer
- Fluid dynamics
If this is something you would be interested in, please do not wait to apply.
Phone: +1 (689) 208-9590