7 months ago
In a brand new role, an international engineering company are seeking a PPA Consultant in their Renewable Energy Sourcing operation to grow their Spanish PPA offering
As PPA Consultant, Renewable Energy Sourcing, you will lead clients through renewable energy deal transactions; primarily onsite and offsite PPAs with an initial focus on Spain and Europe. You will successfully navigate corporate structures and manage a wide group of stakeholders towards a successful deal close. You will have a strong understanding of the energy markets in countries across Europe. You will also grow the overall number of C&I clients and improve the delivery of services and solutions. Our client is seeking candidates with experience in the below areas:
- Assist clients with successful execution of a PPA and other renewable energy services
- Lead project management process including deliverables and timeline, coordination of a wide variety of client and stakeholders, qualitative and financial decision criteria evaluation and contract negotiations
- Lead in-person meetings with clients around project initiation, developer interviews, high-level client approval meetings.
- Lead client project teams, including reviewing work and training junior team members
- Assist colleagues to manage sustainable energy strategies and consulting services outside of PPAs, eg. other clean technology solutions, feasibility studies, and market research
- Refine process procedures in new markets based on market understanding and successful delivery of other PPA processes.
- Partner with internal sales teams to ensure a successful client transition process and upsell additional projects and services
- Provide industry expertise during the sales process, helping to close potential clients alongside the sales team
- Support market development and rapid business growth through networking, research, content creation and review
- Train team members and attend and speak at external events
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Energy, Business, Finance, Accounting, Engineering
- 3+ years of experience managing complex, high-stakes projects at c-suite level
- Experience with wind and solar development and the renewable energy industry.
- Previous exposure to PPA in Spanish and European region.
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to initiate and develop and retain relationships with a wide variety of stakeholders,
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally
- Previous experience in European electricity markets.
- Proficient computer experience in Microsoft Office Products
- Fluency in English and Spanish required additional languages preferred