Up to €120,000 + bonus
about 2 months ago
A certified B Corporation, this client makes it possible for businesses and their customers to take urgent action on climate change, helping organisations around the world achieve renewable energy and decarbonization goals through work with global Fortune 500 companies, utilities, and other businesses that want to join the fight against climate change.
The team has deep expertise in sustainability consulting, environmental markets, renewable energy and carbon project development, transportation decarbonisation solutions, and utility renewable energy programs. Since 2002, they have worked with over 400 clients in 60 countries and have been widely recognised for industry leadership and award-winning programs for clients.
The Policy Manager plays a key role in framing how this company steers their clients. As a member of the Market Intelligence Team, a Policy Manager serves client-facing colleagues all over the company, providing timely and actionable policy and market information. In this role, you will ‘up-level’ the company’s knowledge on the policies and market developments impacting how clients approach their renewable energy and carbon reduction strategies within Europe. You will also lead strategic policy initiatives.
This role reports to the Director of Regulatory Affairs and will work alongside a team based in North America.
- Analyse, summarise, and effectively communicate regulatory and other policy changes impacting European energy and environmental commodity markets, providing strategic input to minimise risk and capture opportunities
- Lead policy engagement, working with government agencies, NGOs, trade associations etc.
- Find and manage consultants in key markets to support policy tracking and success in influencing outcomes.
- Field questions from the commercial teams--primarily business development and product development--related to policies in European and other energy and environmental commodity markets outside of North America
- Represent the company in meetings with government agencies, with stakeholder groups, at public forums, and through speaking engagements at conferences.
- Work with the marketing team to author blog posts, opinion pieces, white papers and other collaterals
- 4+ years policy experience in energy and/or climate. Experience with environmental commodities preferred.
- Experience engaging in stakeholder-driven processes to influence specific policy outcomes.
- Knowledge of key stakeholders, issues, and market trends related to European energy and environmental commodity markets.
- Proven track record of managing multiple long-term projects while also delivering on short-term requests.
- Strong research skills, evidence of resourcefulness, and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of corporate renewable energy and carbon goals and reporting preferred.
- Strong commitment to diversity and inclusion as a key driver to business success and demonstrated passion for our mission.
- Our most successful team members have a Bachelor’s degree in political science, environmental science, or economics, and graduate degrees are common.