Competitive Salary (DOE)
10 months ago
My client is a leading power systems business who are playing an essential part in the government’s plans to meet 40 GW of offshore wind by 2030, and Net Zero by 2050. They are involved in some of the most exciting projects currently and are in an expansion phase. They are looking for a Network Planning Technical Manager.
- Your main task will be working on network planning in the enduring regime for connecting offshore wind and interconnectors in the longer term.
- You will lead a team of consultants to deliver on the development of a holistic network design; this will include analysis on required changes to technical codes and standards, particularly the Security and Quality of Supply Standard (SQSS)
- You will work closely with stakeholders such as the onshore TOs and offshore wind and interconnector developers
- You will be leading on the development of proposals
- Build a high performing team to carry out technical analysis to support code and standard changes for the enduring regime
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Experience in building and leading successful, high-performing teams
- Expert knowledge of power system engineering and their application in transmission investment planning
- Experience working on offshore wind projects
- Strong leadership skills
- Degree in Engineering/ Power Systems/ Power Systems Economics etc.
This role will be based in Warwick, with flexible working options available.