Competitive Salary (DOE)
20 days ago
My client is a leading power systems business who are searching for a Network Planning Engineer to work on an exciting project which will be important in achieving the government’s set plan of net zero by 2050 and their target for 40GW of offshore wind by 2030. You will be part of a team developing a high-level holistic network design to facilitate this. The company are offering a competitive salary, a comprehensive rewards package and excellent training and development opportunities.
You will be responsible for:
Leading on developing, using, interpreting/explaining results and adjusting a bespoke offshore design tool to new requirements when required.
Tasks will include:
- Specifying/understanding the scope for the tool development
- Clearly specifying and understanding the input and output data in order to achieve a cost effective offshore design. You will then be required to comprehensively explain the results and designs produced and how these relate to the input data used; this should be presented in a way that non-engineers could understand also.
- When required adjusting the tool, in order to incorporate new elements/assumptions
- developments to result in a holistic design across the onshore and offshore networks
- Engaging with stakeholders to gain their feedback to feed into the development of the offshore designs.
- Specifically, this post, you will play a key role in designing our bespoke offshore design tool that will help us meet the need for flexible solutions of our offshore energy network, making sure we are able to satisfy peak demand, avoiding high levels of curtailment and plan for cost-effective network investment.
Knowledge & Experience Required
- Power Systems Engineering experience, in particular planning and operation of offshore networks
- Programming experience
- Experiencing in editing the tool code
- Proficient understanding of offshore network design and elements
- Excellent communication and engagement skills: able to engage with offshore developers to take into consideration external views
- Excellent presentation skills
Location: Can be based either in Warwick or Wokingham