about 1 year ago
Our client is one of the sustainable energy solution provider, they design, produce and instal power generation equipment globally. They are now looking to take on a senior legal manager to further refine and establish their legal& compliance team in Beijing.
- General Corporate governance;
- Conduct regulatory surveys and researches on existing and new markets
- Handle litigation and claims, act as a point of contact for all general legal matters;
- Draft and review legal materials, formulate formalities regarding settlements of disputes.
- Act as local legal support for other department and provide the necessary support to guide the department on taking an appropriate decision.
- Support company functions on regulatory matters and local tax issues;
- Responsible for taking care of the master policy and monitoring the implementation of the legal clauses.
- Be aware of and when required, become involved in contractual disputes with clients and subcontractors, make sure claims and disputes are handled with minimum risk and optimum commercial advantage of the company.
- Minimisation of commercial risk and contractual exposure, make sure all risks are properly identified, and practical risk mitigation measures are embedded in all project executions.
- Master Degree in law/equivalent subjects with a minimum of 5 years of relevant working experience
- English competence: negotiation level.
- Strong analytical and research skills; Effective interpersonal and communication ability.
- Overall understanding of risk and industry best practice concerning governance, risk and control issues
- Solid contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Effective team player and problem solver, able to work well within a team and individually.