2 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a Legal Counsel (2-5yr PQE) to join a leading renewable company who finance, develop & construct large scale energy infrastructure projects around the world.
My client are looking for a 2 to 5 years PQE lawyer qualified in Scotland and/or England & Wales to provide legal advice and support to the business, working closely with other members of the legal team and the Legal Director and reporting to the Legal Director.
This full-time role will be based in Glasgow and is needed to support an increased portfolio of renewable energy projects, including onshore wind, battery storage and solar across the UK and Ireland.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- Property and planning work for renewable energy projeccts throughout the UK
- Transactional work on major projects and carrying out internal reviews of documentation being dealt with by external solicitors.
- In addition, the role will involve providing general ad hoc legal and commercial advice typical of an in-house position
- Dealing with property and planning issues specific to the renewable energy industry on a wide variety of renewable energy projects, including onshore wind, battery storage and solar.
- The role will also involve instructing and managing external legal counsel in specialist areas and major transactions/projects.
- Must be a qualified lawyer in Scotland and/or England & Wales
- Dual-qualification (qualified in both Scotland and in England & Wales) would be beneficial as work is cross-border, otherwise a willingness to become dual-qualified.
- Experience of working in the renewable energy industry and/or development work.
- Excellent academics and will have trained at respected firm or company
Indicative base salary range: £50,000 - £55,000.
Please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for review.