12 days ago
Junior Project Manager
Location: London (Hybrid)
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting in the development of renewable energy projects mainly in the UK. In particular, the role-holder will be expected to managing contractors and consultants in the preparation of Environmental Impact Assessments and Planning Applications leading to successful planning consents and optimal grid connection offers.
The graduate should have moderate understanding or experience in the following:
• Identification of potential development sites, including spatial analysis relating to network availability and environmental constraints
• Design of ground mounted, utility scale solar projects, according to land morphology and environmental restrictions, with optimum choice of technology
• Assisting in negotiation and execution of land agreements (leasehold or purchase) with landowners and commercial land agencies
• Evaluation of project feasibility, based on key project parameters (yield, capex, opex and expected electricity prices)
• Engineering / Planning Qualification (degree level as a minimum)
• Basic understanding or genuine interest on grid connection application process and/or planning & environmental permitting for renewable energy projects
• Experience of contract preparation and managing and negotiating tender processes (including consultancy services).
• Experience of managing project stakeholders including regulators, statutory consultees, and local communities.
• Experience of UK consenting processes including preparation of planning applications leading to successful planning consents.
• Experience in the use of technical software (such as AutoCAD, GIS, PVSyst)