over 2 years ago
A leading international law firm are seeking a Junior Associate to join their growing energy group
As Junior Associate, you will work on a range of transactional based cleantech and renewable energy matters (i.e. solar, wind, waste-to-energy, batteries and energy efficiency). The role will involve working for sponsors, developers, financiers and contractors in Australia and AsiaPac
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior legal professional to join a well-respected team with a track record in delivering renewable energy projects internationally. You will be provided with an excellent training programme to give you every chance of success.
Your duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
· negotiating and concluding the sale or acquisition of projects;
· negotiating and concluding the project financing of the projects; and
· negotiating and concluding project documents (i.e. EPC, O&M, grid connection agreements and power purchase agreements) from early stage to financial close and then through to commissioning and operation.
Experience Skills and Qualifications required:
You will likely require at least 2 years' solid experience gained in a leading firm, working on the corporate, commercial and / or financial aspects of projects in the area of energy and infrastructure, particularly renewable energy.
· a degree in a relevant subject.
· Solid experience as a projects lawyer, gained within a comparable environment and at an appropriate level.
· Exposure to one or more of the following areas:
o supporting clients with the sale or acquisition of projects in various stages of development and partnering / join development activities including experience in drafting and negotiating share purchase agreements, joint venture / development agreements, shareholders’ agreements and related due diligence processes and reviews;
o supporting clients in complex project structures where finance of the project is through both equity and debt including experience in drafting and negotiating project and construction finance, acquisition finance facilities, Government funding agreements; and
o broader projects experience including experience in drafting and negotiating distribution and supply agreements, EPC and O&M contracts (including the relevant subcontracting agreements), grid connection agreements, power purchase agreements (utility and corporate), fuel supply agreements, energy supply agreements and emerging areas such as energy performance contracts.
· Flexibility, supporting cases across a broad range of legal issues.
· The ability to manage aspects of complex matters and clients, with proven negotiation skills.
· A knowledge of key areas of the law by providing clear, precise, practical advice.
· The ability to use initiative and a confidence built upon solid success and achievements.
· The ability to liaise effectively with other fee earners from within the group, but also to liaise and coordinate with fee earners from other relevant disciplines and jurisdictions as required.
· Delegation and supervisory skills where appropriate.