$140000 - $180000
12 months ago
TGRC are working with an International Renewable Energy IPP who have been rapidly expanding their US offering over the last three years. With 31 MW of projects under construction in Massachusetts and an additional portfolio representing 50MW of secured sites, the business are looking for an expereineced Investment Manager to join a team that expects to double in size over the next three years. The successful candidate will have extensive transcation experience in Solar and or Wind technologies and will be responsible for originating, structuring and executing acquisition or divesment opportunities and the financing of projects across North America.
- Market analysis: understand the dynamics, specificities, constraint of each markets
- Acquisition opportunities: Build and maintain a network with industry professionals
- Assess the pros and cons of the various opportunities and solutions offered through in-depth analysis of their business models and impact on company financials.
- Market Liquidity: Identify, explore and select partners that can provide financing solutions to small to medium size projects;
- Develop relationships with new and existing financial partner
- Represent company to promote its projects, strategy, vision and values.
Early Stage Preparation and Opportunity Review
- Draft and / or analyze financial teasers and info memos
- Be key contact point to discuss the financing or projects acquisition opportunities with Banks, the Sellers (Buyers) and its lawyers;
- Analyze the profitability of the target companies or projects to acquire or finance: financial modeling, risk assessment, cash in and outflows, sizing of the financing needs.
- Prepare the internal investment memo to Executive Committee’s review and approval;
- Manage the due diligence process, set up the data-rooms and collaborate with the various internal teams (M&A, finance, legal, development, operations…);
- Ensure the availability of funds in line with commitments (project construction schedule, acquisition payment);
- Participate in the legal structuring of the transactions (SPEs, Holdings, Partnerships…) to facilitate the implementation of multiple tranche financing strategy (construction, senior, TEP, mezzanine….).
Negotiation and Execution
- Negotiate the Financial Term Sheets (pricing, leverage covenants, , ...) and manage Loan Documentation activities;
- Spearhead the multilateral negotiations on all the various aspects of the transaction (commercial, legal, technical..) as well as throughout the acquisition process (LOI, Non Binding Offer, Binding Offer, MIPA….) in collaboration with the Group M&A and Financial Teams.
- Ensure that the transactions comply with CVE Group quality and business processes.
Portfolio and Monitoring
- Ensure the correct integration of the recently acquired assets in the Group portfolio;
- Ensure that the CVE North America complies with its obligations under the various Loan Agreements.
- You will have a strategic input in the definition of the Regional’s growth objectives, and you will ensure that the Group quality and business processes are abided by.
- You have between 5 to 8 years of experience in Corporate Finance ideally dealing with both financings and sale or acquisition transactions of energy / renewables projects acquired in a bank, an investment / private equity fund, one of the Big 4 advisory teams or in a Corporate Finance Department of renewables player.
- An established identification of the players in the market and a perfect understanding of the various mechanisms prevailing in the financing of renewable energy projects in the US: Tax equity partner, Sale and Lease back, non-recourse debt…
- Robust financial modelling skills and a proven track record in managing project finance / acquisition transactions in the power / renewable industry.
- A familiarity with both the US and European business environment;
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to deal with internal and external parties.