27 days ago
Investment Manager – Renewable Energy M&A – Madrid
The Green Recruitment Company are partnered with a market leading European renewable energy developer, owner and operator who are currently expanding their international presence.
The company are consistently ranked as a top renewable developer and are in a significant growth stage. There are 500 employees globally and the company own and operate renewable energy projects across Europe and the Americas. They are currently hiring an M&A team for the new office in Madrid.
The CEO is looking to grow a 10-15 person investment team in Madrid who can actively source and originate a pipeline of renewable energy projects across Europe. The investment strategy is to acquire early-stage projects and drive the development with internal and external partners. The investment strategy includes onshore wind, solar PV and other renewable technologies.
As a result of the extended growth phase, the company are seeking an experienced Investment Manager to help deliver the new project pipeline and lead on (with support of the Investment Director & Investment Analysts) investment origination and transaction execution.
Reporting to the CEO of the European Office, the main responsibilities of the role will be:
- Purchase and divestment of investments/ project rights/ projects
- Negotiations of purchase contracts.
- Presentation of new investment proposals to management board
- Full control of the due diligence process
- Responsibility for DCF Modelling
- Control and monitoring of acquired projects/current participations
- Guidance to investment analysts and interns
Key competencies expected from the candidate are:
- Degree in business administration or engineer with a focus on finance or energy
- At least 5 years professional experience
- Structured and independent working method with high quality standards
- Open personality with hands-on mentality and strong powers of persuasion, confident appearance and assertiveness
- Languages: English and Spanish are required, German and other European languages advantageous
- Proven track record of investments undertaken in the renewable energy markets
- Willingness to travel