over 1 year ago
Fantastic new HSQE Advisor role to support the Lead HSQE Manager in one of the largest Renewable Energy companies in the UK.
The purpose of the job is to provide consistent and relevant support and guidance in relation to health, safety, quality and environmental (HSQE) matters to all business units based in UK and Ireland.
The HSQE Advisor will work together with all value-streams across the UK to set and deliver business objectives that are balanced in terms of HSQE impact as well as cost efficiency.
Your key tasks will be to
- Support the Lead HSQE Manager as required to ensure that the HSQE performance that reflects good industry practice and complies with relevant legislation, guidance and company policies.
- Provide HSQE advice to business units.
- Undertake audits
- Assist with development of the HSQE management systems to ensure that it delivers continuous improvement, promotes exemplary HSQE behaviour and provides a commercial advantage for all UK-based business units
- Review and comment on business documentation e.g. risk assessment, procedures, method statements, training courses etc.
- Analyse HSQE trends identified through incidents, audit and inspections and present finding and recommendations to business units
- Undertake regular site HSQE inspections, normally once a month per site however this may vary depending on the risks.
- Undertake incident investigation
- Prepare workshop/ briefing materials
- Undertake and or facilitate workshops to communicate HSQE matters when required, prepare written feedback on workshop outcomes to value streams
- Engage with contractors and clients
- Select and review training organisations and training courses both internal and external
- Support the business in the setting out competency requirements and to support the development of training programmes
- Prepare regular reports to the Lead HSQE Manager
- Assess the suitability of suppliers HSQE management systems as part of a pre-qualification process
- Be a passionate example to all and champion of excellent HSQE culture and behaviours
- Challenge poor culture and behaviours at any level and support others to do the same
- Collaborate with project teams to promote simplicity and clarity in our processes, method statements and work instructions backed by clear communication both written and verbal.
Your competences include that you
- Minimum requirement NEBOSH Certificate or Equivalent
- Knowledge of UK&I Health Safety and Environment Legislation
- Quality Audit training; e.g. UKAS approved or equivalent.
- An understanding of behavioural safety programmes.
- Clear and concise written and spoken communication skills. Ability to present written information in a structured and balanced way appropriate to the needs of the reader.
- Computer literate in basic business software – MS Excel, MSWord, Visio or similar.
- Able to relate to staff at all levels within the business
- Ability to read and understand standards from external sources; e.g. HSE, SEPA, EA, NIEA
- Ability to organise and facilitate workshops and engagement events with staff, contractors and clients on HSQE matters
- Experience in the renewables sector and/or experience of operational sites
- Experience of construction or manufacturing industry will be considered
- Undertaking internal and supplier audits
- Experience applying, implementing and developing of Quality, Health and Safety and/or Environment management systems
- Supporting and developing HSQE knowledge of motivating site and office-based teams