Competitive Salary (DOE)
7 months ago
Excellent opportunity for a renewable Head of Operations (Italy) to take overall responsibility and accountability for the Italian Wind and Solar asset portfolio of a large international IPP. Key activities include managing relationships with external investors, HSE management, leading, managing and developing the local Asset Management team, and directly managing a subset of operational assets.
- HSE - Provide exemplary HSE leadership. Maintain and improve a positive safety culture and ensure Asset Management activities are undertaken in accordance with Italian legislation and the group's HSE policies.
- Contract and Operation Management - Develop and implement best practice asset management in the asset portfolio, working closely with functional teams across the business to optimise HSE, commercial and technical performance.
- Implement and continuously improve local asset management systems and processes consistent with the business' global policies and standards.
- Implement strategies and innovative solutions for improvement of performance, mitigation of risks and creation of value.
- Prepare and review O&M plans and strategies for assets to optimise through-life value.
- Ensure that compliance with all licences and consents is achieved.
- Provide commercial oversight and support, especially with regards contract management, to the portfolio and the team.
- Ensure that all contracts and agreements are effectively managed and lead renegotiation of terms and resolution of any disputes.
- Team management and support - Lead and manage the Italian Asset Management Team and manage the recruitment, development and retention of personnel. Establish and maintain a trusting, inclusive, and productive environment.
- Collaborate with the wider group Asset Management community, especially the team in Greece.
- Market analysis and risk management - Manage market access arrangements and monitor electricity market price exposure, recommending hedging arrangements to reduce risk. Ensure systems and processes are in place to validate market payments.
- Budget elaboration - Prepare and agree operational plans and budgets, control and analyse performance of operating assets against approved budgets.
- Technical and economic performance analysis - Ensure that all technical issues are effectively managed - ensure they are fully analysed and appropriate solutions developed and implemented and any insurance claims and/or other commercial settlements pursued as appropriate.
- Monitor and report asset performance. Participate in Quarterly Performance Reviews with senior management.
- Relationship with authorities, stakeholders and specifically TSO, DSO, GSE - Manage relationships with internal and other external stakeholders.
- Take directorships for asset holding companies as required.
- Management of insurance policies - Manage insurance arrangements and ensure that coverage is effective.
- Reporting - Manage the production of regular portfolio and project level reports highlighting HSE and commercial performance, risks and technical issues.
- Support to O&E and Operations Team for new acquisitions - Develop and implement the asset management strategy for the renewable energy asset portfolio in Italy.
- Provide input to business development, origination and asset construction activities in Italy and proactively share knowledge and experience with the wider business.
- A relevant degree or equivalent technical qualification, plus extensive experience of asset management and operations in the renewable energy industry.
- A passion for HSE and a good awareness of HSE legislation and standards, ideally qualified to NEBOSH certificate.
- Technical expertise in the operation, maintenance and management of renewable generation and associated technologies, particularly solar PV.
- Knowledge of best practice asset management, including decision-making, capital investment, operations & maintenance, lifecycle cost and value optimisation, resourcing strategy and optimisation, shutdowns/outage strategy and optimisation, ageing asset strategy, performance monitoring.
- An understanding of contract law and typical commercial contractual arrangements required for renewable generation assets. Direct experience of negotiating and managing commercial contracts.
- An understanding of Directorship obligations in Italy.
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and quality management systems.
- Knowledge of the Italian electricity market arrangements and remuneration schemes for renewable generation assets.
- Sound working knowledge of business risk assessment tools and risk assessment processes and methods.
- Experience in the management of materials, logistics and supply chains.
- Experience of reporting to and working with external investors and lenders. Sound working knowledge of project finance documents (e.g. asset reporting requirements, covenants, ratio tests) and financial reporting.
- Membership of an appropriate professional institution or similar is an advantage.
- Fluency in Italian and English.