A rare opportunity to join a very well known global renewable IPP in their expansion into the UK market.
- Lead and manage the Asset Management Team and manage the recruitment, development and retention of personnel
- Implement best practice asset management in the portfolio, working closely with functional teams across the business to optimise long-term commercial and technical performance.
- Establishing/refining systems and processes to improve commercial and technical oversight of projects, performance monitoring and stakeholder reporting (both internal and external)
- Management and creation of accurate and timely stakeholder reporting, including reporting to investors, lenders and internal stakeholders.
- Proactively identifying value accretive opportunities on existing assets and presenting proposals to the Investment Committee.
- Owning business plans, budgets, capital projects and other initiatives on existing assets.
- Responsible for ensuring the construction of new solar assets on time and to budget.
- Ensuring compliance across the portfolio with project contracts, HSE, regulation and policy.
- Feed into the quarterly valuations process by supporting in assumption methodologies and management as well as informative quarterly reporting.
- Working closely with investment team to feed technical and commercial input into the investment process.
- Take directorships for project companies as required.
- Monitor and report asset performance and implement strategies for improvement of performance and mitigation of risks.
- A relevant degree or equivalent financial / technical qualification. Masters’ degree or higher is beneficial.
- Extensive experience of solar asset management and operations in the wider renewable energy industry.
- A passion for HSE and a good awareness of HSE legislation and standards.
- Proven leader with the capability to build and manage a team, with the ability to build strong relationships with colleagues and external counterparties across all levels
- Experience of presenting, reporting to and working with investors and lenders.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound data management skills
- Sound working knowledge of project finance (e.g. asset reporting requirements, covenants, ratio tests) and financial reporting.
- Solid planning and organising skills to include effective prioritisation and resource management.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deliver high quality work to tight deadlines.
- Proactive and enthusiastic, with a positive attitude and a drive for high standards
- Project document and commercial experience to identify and understand identify risks and mitigants.